How to choose the right size of moving boxes?
Moving from one place to another can be both exciting and challenging. It’s exciting because you’re going to have a fresh start in a new environment with new faces around you. But it’s also challenging because you’re bound to do several things before the actual moving date. And among the things you’re about to do is packing which involves organization of your belongings and gathering of the appropriate boxes to use for all your stuff. So if you want to make your packing more organized and efficient, selecting the proper boxes should always be of paramount importance. Here are some ways to consider when choosing the right size of moving boxes.
1. Box sizes
First things first, the very important factor to look into when collecting moving boxes for your packing needs is the size. Besides, you can’t do an efficient packing of stuff if you’re unsure about the sizes of your boxes. When you’re doing the selection, be sure to think about the things you’re about to carry with you for the move. For example, if you plan to bring your refrigerator and other bulky appliances, then finding big boxes where they can fit into is the best thing to do.
Furthermore, make sure all the boxes have been utilized in a way that all your belongings are well-packed and secured during the entire transit. To help you with your choices, there are four common sizes that a person can look for:
- Small – Of course, this box size is intended for packing small things. Usually, small size moving boxes measure 16”*10”*10”. If you have small appliances or even CDs, then this kind of box can be very beneficial.
- Medium – This box size is useful for packing medium-sized appliances and other home equipment. Not so small and not so big, this kind of moving box measuring 18”*14”*12” can carry decorative items like picture frames and even DVDs, etc.
- Large – If you’re packing items like kitchen appliances, smaller pillows, etc, using large boxes is more worthwhile. With moving boxes measuring 20”*20*”15”, your large-sized items will be safely transported to your new home.
- Extra-Large – Since moving can include anything under the sun, then extra-large boxes are always there to help with your packing needs. This kind of box which measures 23”*23”*16” can be utilized for packing larger pillows and even huge comforters.
- Specialized boxes – In reality, there are times that you can’t actually fit all your things to the box sizes mentioned above. What’s worse if you’ll more likely end up confused as to how you’re going to carry items like TV box, lamp-box, etc. into your new home. So this is where specialized boxes come in. When you’re packing for an upcoming move, be sure you have specialized boxes in place so it’ll be much easier and faster to pack and transport extraordinary items to your new location.
2. Easy to carry
If you’d like to know how to move faster and less stressful, you can start by thinking about your packing plans. Apart from the sizes, your moving boxes should also be easy to carry for convenience. This means that these cartons will be more manageable if they have handles or cut out place. That way, you’ll not find it difficult to carry these boxes during loading and unloading. So before buying some boxes, it’s important to check first whether your choices can provide comfort all throughout the moving process.
Moving boxes shouldn’t only be selected through their sizes. You should also choose them according to their ability to provide inserts. It means cartons with inserts can go a long way in carrying sensitive or fragile appliances like plates. Besides, the reason why you’re packing these items is to bring them with you to your new residence. Hence, if they’re not handled properly during the transport, then you’ll no longer achieve that purpose. If you’re bringing breakable items, it’s better to choose moving boxes with inserts.
This is also one of the most important factors when picking the right size of moving boxes. Remember that whether it’s small, medium, large or extra-large, the size will still be useless if these aren’t durable enough to carry items safely from one place to another. As a matter of fact, it’s essential for every box to have a strong sense of durability. That way, you’ll have nothing to worry about your belongings all throughout the transit. Hence before using any kind of moving box, it’s wise to check the weight first.
The Bottom Line
Most of the time, moving isn’t a simple task at all. It can also be one of the most stressful experiences in your life considering the kind of planning you must take to make the job much easier. And to properly execute your moving plans when the time comes, you should make sure that packing will be done right in the first place. With the points mentioned in this article, we hope we’re able to help you with your moving boxes selections. Simply keep this information in mind and you’ll surely have a good packing experience from start to finish. So if you’re moving in a few days, there are many professional NYC movers for hire online whom you can tap anytime for your moving needs.