Our Promise to You During the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak
Veteran Movers is committed to keeping you safe while we continue to navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic. As always, our main priority is to protect and serve you, and our employees under any circumstances.
Thank you for trusting us and continue to put your life in our hands, our responsibility to care for our community will never go unrested. We are here for you.
We pledge to share updates with you as quickly as possible, it is important to keep you informed during a time where regulations keep continuously evolving and changing.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO KEEP YOU AND OUR EMPLOYEES SAFE
- We have implemented a social distancing strategy, breaking up our workforce into three locations in order to avoid congregate settings and maintaining distance from one another when possible. Non-essential employees are working from home.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols have been implemented by disinfecting our trucks and offices twice a day, morning and evening. We will not be using reusable bins nor used boxes during our moves.
- Employees’ temperatures are examined daily, any employee showing possible symptoms are sent home and cannot return until cleared by a medical professional.
- Movers and foremen are briefed every morning on COVID-19 updates.
- Movers visiting homes will be equipped with hand sanitizers, masks, gloves and booties. (This also applies to onsite estimators.)
- Virtual in-home estimates are now available. Allow our estimators to “virtually” walk through your home or office with you – taking a video of the items to be moved and providing you with a detailed, accurate estimate of all moving charges.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STAY HEALTHY
At Veteran Movers, are working diligently to create and maintain a healthy moving experience, there are many actions health officials recommend for persons to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and to stay healthy. These include washing your hands often, staying home when you’re sick, avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth and more. Everyone has a role to play in getting ready and staying healthy. Click here to read recommendations from the CDC for protecting yourself and your community.
WE WILL REMAIN FLEXIBLE TO YOUR NEEDS
We understand our client’s concerns and upon request and at no cost, we will postpone and reschedule services. If you have any questions or concerns about services, please contact our Client Care Center at (212) 812-5240, Monday through Friday, 9 am–6 pm ET and Saturday, 9 am–3 pm ET.
UP TO DATE COVID-19 NEWS UPDATES, TIPS ON STAYING SAFE AND MORE
- New York City’s Coronavirus Page. Read more.
- Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) Coronavirus Page. Read more.
- World Health Organization’s (WHO) Coronavirus Page. Read more.